The President of the EU Commission warns; ‘ British students are missing out on jobs at home and
abroad because of their inability to speak languages other than English’.
We offer three European languages: French, German and Spanish.
- Do you want to get better job prospects?
- Do you want to be able to communicate in an authentic way whilst travelling?
- Do you want to sound like a native speaker when ordering food in a restaurant abroad?
- Do you want to experience foreign cultures from the inside and not as a tourist?
If you do, you need to continue with languages at A Level!
- Understanding of the spoken word for both gist and specific details.
- Understanding of the written word for both gist and specific details.
- Ability to discuss topics in depth e.g cinema, music, sport, TV and relationships.
- Ability to translate from and into the target language.
- Ability to present structured, reasoned arguments using the written word.
It is recommended that you take part in the study visit to Geneva, Berlin or Seville, in order to enhance your linguistic and cultural knowledge.
For further details, please contact Mrs Peters.
|All current plans for sixth form programmes of study at Bishop Stopford School are provisional, dependent on student numbers and government policy.