Year 7 Catch-up Premium Grant 2015-16
The Department for Education has allocated £500 per pupil for the number of Year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least a Level 4 in reading and/or mathematics at Key Stage 2. This was based on Key Stage 2 data and the autumn school census.
In 2015-16 the allocation of funds for this purpose to Bishop Stopford School was £7,500 (15 students in total).
In 2015-16 the monies were used to part fund:
- A reading intervention programme: Accelerated Reader
- A Handwriting intervention programme
- 1:1 support and intervention with literacy and numeracy throughout the curriculum
- 1:1 reading mentors
- Spelling Programme
- Maths programme: 123 Maths
- Small group Maths Intervention
- Bespoke, intensive support depending on individual needs
In 2015/16 the impact of the interventions was tracked through the use of standardised test scores. Using standardised scores gives a more accurate measure of plotting progress.
Measurements for reading comprehension, reading accuracy, fluency, spelling and Maths show progress above the national average.
Progress in English: 2015-16
- 83% of identified students made an improvement in their standardised Reading accuracy and fluency standardised scores
- 67% of identified students made an improvement in their standardised Spelling scores
- 67% of identified students made an improvement in their standardised Reading Comprehension standardised scores
Progress in Maths: 2015-16
- 100% of identified students improved by at least one sub level in Maths